The Visitor Programme is intended:
Visitors will be asked to contribute to one or more of the following Department activities in proportion to the length of their stay:
1. Collaborate on a research project with a member of
2. Organise (or co-organise) an event (seminar series, workshop, conference);
3. Write or co-author an article or other publication, or provide an article for the Department’s working papers series;
4. Develop a research proposal to apply for an external funding award through the Department;
5. Contribute to the graduate and/or undergraduate programme through the provision of a special seminar or similar activity;
6. Help the Department/Research Centre to develop a network of contacts (academic, practitioner, policy-making and/or media) and to organise introductions/networking events where appropriate.
Department resources for visitors are provided, at the discretion of the General Purposes Committee (GPC), in proportion to the level of contribution and the duration of the visit:
Role of the Department Sponsor
The Department sponsor will help the visitor to become integrated into the work of the Department and to get the most from his/her stay. Before agreeing to act in this capacity, prospective sponsors are encouraged to read the following guidelines:
Department sponsors are expected to:
Visitor Profiles, Reporting and Feedback
Visitors will be asked to provide the Department with a short biography and a statement of what they intend to do during their visit before they arrive; this information is posted on the research section of the Department’s website and on the Centre/Programme website when relevant.
Early in their visit, visitors will be asked to meet with the Head of Department and/or the Administrator. They will also be asked attend an induction session.
At the end of their stay, visitors are asked to provide an activity report to be attached to their web profile, providing a detailed account of activities and outputs and how they have contributed to the Departments’ research during their visit. Visitors are asked also to complete a feedback form evaluating their stay in the Department and are encouraged to make suggestions for clarifying procedures, providing better support, etc. The sponsor will also be asked to provide some feedback on the success and productivity of the visit.
The Deadline for the Burma 2012-2013 round, and Pakistan 2013-2014 round,
is Friday 16 November 2012
For queries contact Matthew Kennedy (email@example.com )